Conducting a PMO Health Check (Part 7)
To further assist in the health check process, this series continues with an examination of the rationale as to why each statement within each dimension is deemed to represent a healthy practice:
- In Part 2, we looked at the statements in Section 1 of the PMO Health Check Worksheet: Project Portfolio Management
- Part 3 looked at the Project Planning section
- Part 4 explored the Project Execution & Oversight segment
- Part 5 examined the Post-Project Deployment Performance Monitoring and Incentives Management segment
- Part 6 covered the Project Standards Governance section
We now conclude with the Project Communication & Collaboration section of the PMO Health Check Worksheet:.
PMO Health Check: Project Communication & Collaboration
1. PMO subscribes and facilitates a collaborative management model that promotes cross-functional dialogue and cooperation.
Project teams can become myopic over time if they are never exposed to the ideas and concepts of others. Yet a project team that has great chemistry and that has an exceptional track record makes a prominent case to keep it together.
The PMO can overcome the risk of myopic teams by
Please log in or sign up below to read the rest of the article.