Please login or join to subscribe to this thread
We just finished an upgrade from EEC v6 EHP 4 to EHP 8. Last year we completed a CRM upgrade with migration to HANA. We're starting to discuss our S/4HANA implementation. Based on what we've done, so far, the migration will be the biggest difference, and we'll be doing a lot of the upgrade during uptime, hoping that "near zero downtime" tools will have improved enough in the next year to keep our upgrade and validation downtime under 20 hours.
I'm working on getting approval to go to the SAP Project Management conference, in Las Vegas, in November. That is where I hope to learn more about implementing S/4HANA and using Activate.
Thanks for your input! Please keep me posted about the learnings of that conference (if you get the approval... LOL)
I've worked in S4/Hana Implementation on 2016 (one of the first project in Europe).
Our big challenge was that we were the first, then there wasn't a lot of documentation or lessons learned about the process. The biggest differences were some mandatory Z and Y programs modification and data migration.
In this kind of migrations is critical the integration tests performed by Key Users.
We didn't have the chance to work with Activate Methodology. But we have full support from SAP team during all implementation.
- Was it a greenfield project?
- Did you have traditional ECC consultants? Or hired SAP S4/HANA consultants?
- What was the size/ functionalities applied?
- Did you use standard waterfall ASAP methodology to implement?
- Was it a greenfield project? No
- Did you have traditional ECC consultants? Or hired SAP S4/HANA consultants? Traditional ECC consultants, they received a functional delta training from SAP. But as we were the first, we some SAP S4/HANA consultants provided by SAP, take in mind that this project was more than 2 years ago. SAP was the owner of the first knowledge. I'm super proud of participating in that project I learnt a lot.
- Did you use standard waterfall ASAP methodology to implement? Waterfall.
I am writing to ask for some information. I will manage Sap transformation from one entity to another and data migration. Could you pls provide me som plan or any proposals how to manage without any delay this project ? How much time we can 3 months is enough ?
The difference between "old" ASAP and SAP Activate together with S4/HANA is that the new SAP approach embraces more agility. You still run your projects with known project management processes, but SAP Activate allows you to tailor your project with more agility. In practise we are running this projects in a hybrid mode. It is also vital to understand what level of agility an organization can digest based on their skills and maturity.
Please login or join to reply