How to Become a Legendary Project Manager
You are certainly a great project leader, but have you ever tried to go a step beyond to be a legendary project manager? The one that can win commitment of stakeholders with just a few words, and can change the minds of the people working around you?
The path is at your fingertips. This article will cover nine tips to help you become a “legendary” PM:
- Don’t just be good, be excellent. Be a reference in everything you deliver.
- Set up rituals. Gather your team during moments where the pressure slows down.
- Have a motto. Sprinkle your speech with great punchlines that will stay in everyone’s mind.
- Don’t follow the fashion, be the fashion. Define your own methodology that will perfectly match your project (and the organization).
- Have a color and let it shine. Be yourself and imprint your style in your management.
- Be stronger than the storm. When everything goes wrong, be the stone where the rebuilding will start.
- Share everything you have. You will be rich with what you have shared.
- Stand by your principles. Manage your project with strong values—and never surrender them.
- Be “normal.” Don’t feel that you have to be a super hero; be happy to just lend a hand.
Becoming a legendary project manager
A long time ago, when I was acting as the PMO for a secret government organization, I had the fabulous
Please log in or sign up below to read the rest of the article.