We are often asked how Disciplined Agile (DA) and PMI-ACP fit together and whether DA is meant to replace PMI-ACP. Fair enough. So I thought I would write this short blog to help clear the air. Here are the key points:
- PMI-ACP isn't going away. The PMI-ACP program has been very successful, so of course we're keeping it.
- DA and PMI-ACP fit well together. We will soon release an update agile certification roadmap that makes this very clear. We're currently testing the strategy out in the marketplace and will soon release it widely once we act on the feedback that we're getting. Stay tuned here for a detailed announcement.
- The PMI-ACP certification will evolve over time. At some point it would be reasonable to see the ACP certification explicitly include the advanced agile and lean concepts that DA encompasses. Don't worry, we'll let you know about any changes to the PMI-ACP certification long before they happen, just as we do with other certifications.
- PMI-ACP and DA are running in parallel right now. The two programs each have their own schedules. When and if we decide to merge them in some way we will make that clear to everyone.
- We're working together. The DA team is working with many teams within PMI to bring you world-class offerings, including the ACP team.
In summary, you don't have anything to worry about and it's only getting better.