Within PMI’s online community, ProjectManagement.com, a group of volunteers organizes monthly webinars on the topic of Change Management. To complement this webinar series, they also maintain a blog, Shifting Change: Insider Tips from Project Leaders, featuring lessons learned and diverse perspectives from experienced professionals. This team is currently looking for someone to assist with their endeavors to advance conversations around change management and provide tips and tools to the online community (in a volunteer capacity).
The volunteer blog & webinar coordinator is responsible for sourcing, working with, and facilitating presenters through:
1) the webinar development process and
2) the blogging process for the Shifting Change blog
He/she will host practice sessions for presenters and help facilitate live webinars for the team in the area of Change Management. The volunteer will also work with presenters to contribute change management content to the blog. The volunteer should be an active team member who is enthusiastic about providing great webinars and blog posts to the community on ProjectManagement.com
This volunteer will:
• Meet with team on a regular basis to discuss plans for webinar & blog program
• Assist in planning webinars and provide updates as necessary
• Coordinate scheduling of webinars and complete PMI presenter forms for each webinar
• Coordinate and facilitate presenter practice sessions
• Host live webinar sessions (about one webinar per month)
• Coordinate scheduling of blog posts for the Shifting Change blog, and review blog content to ensure compliance with User Guidelines
The estimated time commitment is 4-5 hours per month with weekly team meetings - all virtual. The volunteer should have strong project, program, and/or portfolio management skills and understand and commit to PMI’s objectives and goals around increasing member value and knowledge delivery. PMI membership is required for this role. This is a team of volunteers, so flexibility is needed, and experience with Webex is strongly encouraged. PDUs for Giving Back can be claimed in accordance with the policies outlined in your credential's handbook.
If you are interesting in volunteering, please contact Laura Schofield via the Inbox on ProjectManagement.com with:
-your statement of interest
-an explanation of any experience that you have facilitating webinars
by 30 June 2020. An interview with shortlisted candidates and the volunteer team will be conducted.