Are you unsure about signing up for an Ask the Expert session at PMI Global Conference 2018? Don't quite understand how to use the 20 minute session? Review our FAQs to learn how you can make the most of this opportunity!
1. Why should I sign up?
Meeting one-on-one with one of our experts can help you refine your project or program implementation to better meet your requirements, serve your organization’s goals, and ultimately, make you more successful and your job easier. You may also receive advice from a peer that can help guide you as you continue on your project management career path.
2. What type of questions can I ask the experts?
Pretty much anything about planning, executing or closing your current projects is fair game. Experts are also open to discussing their experiences with career growth.
3. What questions aren’t appropriate for Ask the Expert?
Where to find your favorite celebrity's house in LA – While this may be a valid question, expert time is better spent discussing real project management problems and challenges.
4. What if I can’t think of a question for Ask the Expert?
You don’t want to miss this opportunity, so find a question! Open your project list for inspiration. If it helps, last year’s popular topics were starting a PMO, Agile transformations, scaling process in regulated environments, and tracking risks on active projects.
5. Who are the experts that I’d be meeting with?
It depends on your question! We have several experts lined up with expertise in nearly every area of project management. Find out more about them here!
6. What should I do to prepare?
You’ll have dedicated time with your expert focused entirely on your specific problem or question. Consider writing down the details of what you’re trying to accomplish, what you’ve tried, and prioritize your questions beforehand to be sure that you are making the most of your session.
7. How do I request an Ask the Expert session?
To start, you must attend PMI Global Conference on 6-8 October, 2018 in Los Angeles, California, USA to have an Ask the Expert session. If you’re not registered, what are you waiting for? Having an Ask the Expert session to discuss your business needs will help justify your attendance! Go.
Simply request an Ask the Expert session, either online using the link below or at the Community Powered by PMI area of the Exhibit Hall. Provide some specifics on your question, because we’ll use those details to help prepare your expert for your session.
8. What can I expect onsite for my Ask the Expert session?
The Ask the Expert area is located at the Community Powered by PMI section of the Exhibit Hall. You will meet one-on-one with your expert in a semi-private setting.
- If you already have a session scheduled: Come to Community Powered by PMI in the Exhibit Hall and we’ll guide you to your assigned table to meet with your expert.
- If you need to schedule an Ask the Expert session onsite: Stop by Community Powered by PMI and we’ll help you to fill out the request form, assign an appropriate expert, and schedule your session.
Reserve your Ask the Expert session today!