Categories: Dave Prior, Dhaval Panchal, drunkenpm, drunkenpm radio, Michael Tardiff, Post Agile, Post-Agile
Last Spring, Martin Fowler gave a talk at Agile Australia called "The State of Agile Software in 2018." (A transcript of Fowler’s talk can be found using the link provided below.) During the talk, he mentions “post-agile.” It is a phrase I had previously heard mention of here and there by folks who tend to be pretty deep with agile and who are frustrated for one reason or another by how it is being (mis)used by others.
I spent time time researching what “post-agile” actually means. What I found was a wide range of explanations, but no clear, definitive answer. The more I dug into it, the more I found myself gravitating towards my own inner explanation. Since I didn’t really want to end up mansplaining the term to myself, I thought it might be a good idea to seek some professional help.
In this podcast you’ll hear a conversation between Dhaval Panchal, Michael Tardiff, and myself where we explore the topic of “post-agile”—what it actually means and whether or not it is something you need to worry about. Dhaval and Michael are deeply seasoned agile coaches who are also really fun to interview. Talking with them always provides me with a new perspective and deeper clarity on things. That was definitely the case with this discussion. Hopefully it will be valuable to you as well.
This podcast is our conversation exploring the topic of what “post-agile” actually means and whether or not you need to worry about it.
Here are some of the links referred to in the podcast:
- Martin Fowler’s transcript of the State of Agile Software in 2018 https://bit.ly/2NDfHLk
- My interview with Mike Cottmeyer on Fowler’s talk https://bit.ly/2Rpqx8Y
- Debt: The First 5,000 Years by David Graeber https://amzn.to/1ttQuId
- Bullshit Jobs: A Theory https://amzn.to/2RthMLk
If you’d like to contact Dhaval:
- Web: https://evolveagility.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/evolveagility
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’d like to contact Michael:
- Web: https://feelingagile.wordpress.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/mjt
- Email: email@example.com