Categories: Agile, Andrew Stellman, Dave Prior, drunkenpm, drunkenpm radio, Head First Agile, Jenny Greene, PMI, PMI ACP, PMI-ACP, Stellman-Greene
Andrew Stellman and Jenny Greene are back with a new book “Head First Agile: A Brain Friendly Guide to Agile and the PMI-ACP Certification”, which offers a strong foundational understanding in the most widely used Agile practices. The book is also intended as a PMI-ACP Exam preparation resource, providing complete coverage of the material included on the certification exam.
In this podcast, Jenny and Andrew explain why they wrote the book, how PMI-ACP has evolved and why reaching a level where you are no longer concerned about the tools you use to get work done are traditional or agile is a great place to be.
- 01:19 Interview Begins
- 01:50 Background on Jenny and Andrew
- 03:30 Who the book IS NOT for
- 04:48 Who is book IS for and how it can help you move beyond simply going through the motions
- 06:29 The debate over principles vs. practices and it has impacted Andrew and Jenny’s approach
- 11:55 If you are new to Agile of have no experience working with Agile practices, how can this book help?
- 14:32 Why PMI-ACP prep is the secondary goal of this book. (And what the primary goal is.)
- 16:05 How the PMI-ACP exam has evolved and how Jenny and Andrew approached the topics for this book
- 19:23 How the authors ensured the book covers 100% of the material included on the PMI-ACP exam
- 20:21 Is is harder for a PMP to learn Agile, or harder for an Agilist to learn traditional Project Management?
- 21:40 Reaching the “Ri” level of project management where Agile vs. Waterfall is no longer a concern
- 22:43 Agile has moved beyond software, even reaching into construction, and how the is impacting PMI’s approach to Agile
- 24:46 Agile and the PMO: Is the PMO a dead man walking?
- 26:10 Scaling Agile is large organizations
- 27:44 What is the most dynamic/challenging area of Agile that we need to pay attention to?
- 28:29 Getting in touch with Andrew and Jenny
You can find “Head First Agile: A Brain Friendly Guide to Agile and the PMI-ACP Certification” here: https://www.amazon.com/Head-First-Agile/dp/1449314333/
CONTACTING THE AUTHORS
If you’d like to reach Jenny and Andrew, here is how to find them:
- Their Website: https://www.stellman-greene.com
- Andrew on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AndrewStellman
- Jenny on Twitter: https://twitter.com/jennygreene