Categories: David Marquet, Intent Based Leadership, L. David Marquet, Language, Leadership, Leadership is Language, Turn The Ship Around
In 2013, David Marquet’s book Turn the Ship Around (https://amzn.to/3bbE2nk) was published, introducing intent based leadership to people all over the world. Since then David has worked with thousands of companies, teams, and individuals and helped them transform the way they think about and engage with others. His new book Leadership Is Language (https://amzn.to/3b6H3p7 ) digs even deeper into intent based leadership by focusing on the subtle ways in which the words we choose impact the message we are trying to send—how it is received and acted upon by others.
In this interview, David and I talk about the new book and some of the key ideas he introduces in Leadership is Language. One of the concepts we focus on in the interview is blue work vs. red work, or, the thinking work we do that embraces variability and the execution work we do where we want to limit variability.
As an added bonus, David shares a tip towards the end of the interview that is absolutely going to transform your ability to get people to arrive on time for events.
Leadership is Language
If you’d like to reach David or learn more about Intent Based Leadership here are some links to get you started:
- Web: https://www.davidmarquet.com
- Web: https://intentbasedleadership.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/ldavidmarquet
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ldavidmarquet
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidmarquet/
In addition to the book, David posts his “Leadership Nudges” on YouTube each week:
Leadership Nudges Videos: http://bit.ly/2UlglmM
And if you’d like to see David in person, here are some of his upcoming events:
- February 12 from 11:30 - 12:30 - Watermark Conference for Women
- February 16 from 1:00 - 1:40 PM Sunday Times Life Lessons; Choose
- February 17 from 6:45 - 8:00 PM How To Academy
- February 20 - Stockholm (Crisp Event)
- February 21 goAgile Event