Categories: , Carol Dweck, Dave Prior, drunken pm radio, drunkenpm, growth mindset, Mary Kaufmann, reluctant agilist
In Carol Dwek’s book Mindset: The New Psychology of Success, she explains the difference between a Fixed Mindset and a Growth Mindset. Earlier this year, a colleague of mine, Mary Kaufman and I began recording a series of podcasts on the five stages of growth outlined in the book. Unfortunately, Mary moved on to a new gig before we got the fifth stage posted. So, we re-recorded the conversation and it’s going up live here at drunkenpm to help complete the stages.
In this conversation, we cover “Success of Others” and explore those with a Fixed mindset tend to view the success of others as a threat and those with a Growth mindset find inspiration from others' success. During the podcast, we both share examples of times when we’ve each reacted to the success of others from the different viewpoints, how we are able to catch ourselves when we end up in a Fixed mindset and what steps we take to move beyond that.
Other Episodes in our Growth Mindset Series
- Mindset: The New Psychology of Success - by Carol Dweck https://amzn.to/3yYpyn3
- Fixed vs Growth Mindset graphic referenced in the interview (created by Nigel Holmes) https://bit.ly/3vWO1Hh
- The Luck Factor by Richard Wiseman https://amzn.to/3sv5qY6
- Tim Kight - Focus 3 (E+R=O) https://focus3.com/the-r-factor/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/mary-kaufmann-305b844/
- Email: [email protected]